Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Gift for Grandma

My mom's birthday was this week and instead of going to the store and buying a typical gift, I wanted to make something more personal for her. Ever since Bryson was born, I always try to incorporate him in the presents we give in some way whether it be photos, crafts, what have you.  For this gift I thought we'd try out a painting.
A while back, while reading an article online, I was inspired by a painting I saw in the background of a picture in the particular article.  It was a picture of a child's hand prints painted as flowers.  I thought this was such a cute idea and I knew I'd have to try it out.
I bought a wooden frame at Hobby Lobby and painted it green with white polka dots.  (Don't you just love polka dots?) After some begging, a tantrum (him not me), and a bribe with candy, Bryson was up for the task of helping me paint. We made a few hand prints and after a few additions from me we have a cute little garden painting.

For the paper I used textured white card stock, which I love because when in the frame, it gives the illusion of a framed canvas.  
I wish I would have done more colors for the flowers but with an impatient toddler, it was all I could do to get this.  I love how cute and personal this is though.  And Bryson loves to look at it and say "I made that!"  Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment